Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sanyo Zio ($99.99 Cricket wireless)

I had cricket cell phone service many times since it came to Rockford IL and everytime I had it I really didnt like the service much. But when I learned that they was adding android service to their line up I was ecstatic. Where else can you find android service for only 55 dollars a month total for unlimited everything, not many other places. One of the main set backs of cricket is that since they are not a contract service you have to buy the phone out right, which for a new android phone it cost me around 230 for the phone. A few days later I checked their website and I could have gotten it for 50 dollars cheaper, man i kicked myself a couple times over that.  But I still liked the phone anyways, it was an android and I was happy. One of the main things I didn't like about it was that it froze about 3 times a month, and since I was running 2.0 at the time I figured it was the OS. I really didn't like the virtual keyboard my fingers was just not small enough to get the buttons right. I would have to type slowly just to not press the wrong button, and i can not count how many times I had to press the backspace button and got the wrong button. So I started to hate texting on the phone and I spent many hours trying to find a better keyboard. I did find a few good keyboards but they wasn't free. The call clarity was pretty good for a lower end android phone, didn't have issues with drop calls or those dreaded static calls. The battery life was the worse part of the phone. Plan on charging the phone every day if you do not use a task killing app other wise your battery will drain out of box. So after a while I kept on checking to see if there was an android update, and i waited and waited, no update ever came for me. So I drop the service since the current OS(2.0 i think) was to glitchy on the Zio. My girlfriend had an older phone from cricket and it decided to stop working a couple months ago. She took back to the store since she has the phone replacement plan. They gave her a new phone and sent her home. When she got home she was showing off her new shiny phone, the devil was back, she had a Zio. But her Zio was different from mine, mainly hers was running android 2.2 froyo, which is many times better then 2.0 and 1.7. I was mad at first since it took them so long just to upgrade to 2.2 but that made the phone even better. I swear the Zio was made for 2.2 since it runs so much better on froyo then it does on the other OS's. First thing the battery life is much better on the new OS, it uses less power but you still have to use an app killer to free up memory and battery life. But I still hate the virtual keyboard on the phone though.
A hundred dollars for the phone is not a bad deal but I would rather spend 300 dollars on the Samsung Indulge then to buy the Zio again. In my opinion the Zio is not worth it, and should be on the Android Flops list.
If you like my post please share it on facebook!

1 comment:

Advertising website online free at UseAds.com